We are reading books in groups. I have made a page with a summary of the book and more information about our project (Anne Frank page. )
1. Summarize the main events in your group’s novel.
2. Who are the round and flat characters in your novel? How has the author introduced you to the important characters in your novel? Provide an example of how the author used one (or more) of the above ways to introduce one of the main characters in your novel.
Round Characters: Characters we get to know well. Round characters have a variety of traits that make them believable.
Flat Characters: Important to the action, but not fully developed. Their function might be to show how the central character behaves or relates to others. Flat characters help make the setting believable. There are varying degrees of flat characters. For some, we will just hear their names. Others we will learn a bit more about.
3. Choose an event in the story that you feel is important and that demonstrated cooperation or working together to overcome a challenge or obstacle.
4. Predict what you think is going to happen next in your novel.
5. Read and respond to at least 2 other students’ blog posts about their novel. One of the posts should be from the same novel you are reading.
1. There are many main events in the book The Diary of a Young Girl. The first one would be would be, they moved into the “Secret Annexe” because they are Jewish and hiding from the Germans. Next would be, that while they are in the house they had to stay quiet because there were people working down stairs in the factory so, they didn’t want them to hear them. A thing that happened a lot was that they had many quarrel’s which means fights. The longer they were together they more they fought with each other. There were many burglaries, around three that happened downstairs in the factory. That was hard and scary for them because if they went up stairs they could find there hideout and they could get killed. Something that was happening to just about everyone was food shortage. This was a problem because the food prices were going up so they got less from the same amount. When Anne started to hang out and like Peter.
2. The round characters for this book since it is real would be the ones that are mentioned most. So the round Characters would be Anne because since it is her diary she talks about what happened to her and she sometimes wrote in the third person. Next would be her mom because she talks about how much more she wants in a mom and how she doesn’t love her, so she is mentioned a lot. Mrs. Vann Dan is wrote about a lot because she complains an fights with other house members. The last one would be peter he wasn’t mentioned much in the beginning but now that their spending time together she writes about him more.
The flat characters would be the people who aren’t mentioned a lot. Again since all the characters are real the flat characters would be the ones she writes about the least. Firstly would be the people who help get them supplies, Meip, Ellie, Mr. Koopious (Mr. K) and Kraler since they only helped them not live there they weren’t there and didn’t do too much to be mentioned, Anne talked about a little though. Next would be her sister Margot because they weren’t that close so not much happened between her and Anne. Mr. Dussel wasn’t that important because he wasn’t there right from the beginning and he was quiet so he didn’t really do anything worth Anne putting in her diary. Mr. Vann Dan was only mentioned two or three times so he clearly didn’t do much. Now a person that could be either a flat or round character would be Otto Frank (Pim) her dad. He could be both because she was really close to him and wrote about him a lot but not too much and not as much as others.
3. The event that involved cooperation was the first burglary. This needed cooperation because all the men had to go down stairs to see if the robbers have left the building if they saw that they were in hiding or stole anything. Not only one person could go check because it there was still people there then they could get hurt and no one there to witness it. I think while this was happening Anne was scared even though she didn’t have to go down stairs because someone she liked or loved could die or even she could die. They boys that had to go down stairs were Pim, Peter and Mr. Vann Dan. While Anne, Margot, Mrs. Vann Dan and her mom waited upstairs in the “Secret Annexe.” If I was Anne or one of the girls I would be scared not only for me but the boys downstairs. I would be scared because someone downstairs could get killed or someone could have seen them come down and went upstairs and kill one or all of the girls. If I was one of the men downstairs I would be super scared. I would be nervous that someone walking by on the street could see me and call the police and I could get arrested or they could find the hideout. Also someone could be behind me and since it was dark I couldn’t see them and then they kill me or my father (Peter is a Vann Dan.)
4. I have heard about the story of Anne Frank before reading the book so I already know the ending which means I cant predict that. Since some of you might have not heard of it I’m not going to write the ending. I think since Anne and Peter are spending a lot of time together that their relationship will become more than just friends maybe hey will start dating. I think that they will get married because one of my group members Julia, noticed on the picture on the cover she is wearing a ring which is the picture above. I think that after awhile the food price will go up too much and they will only be able to have one meal a day. Also I think her and her moms relationship will get better and they will love each other again.